Case Study – JD Engineering
JD Engineering (JDGE) is ‘the largest independent garage equipment company in the UK, offering premium garage equipment design and installation.’ They originally came to Nationwide Hire through an existing client, Pendragon, one of the UK’s largest operators of franchised motor dealers. A strong working relationship was quickly formed, as JDGE required a supplier who could offer a ‘one stop shop’, while consistently guaranteeing quality and reliable service.
Why Nationwide Hire Ltd?
JDGE needed a single-source, UK-wide solution with guaranteed supply. The national coverage and guaranteed availability provided by Nationwide Hire had been evidenced over our existing transactional relationship and service levels experienced first-hand. JDGE chose to enter into a Preferred Supplier Contract with Nationwide Hire that committed each party to a long-term partnership with shared objectives.
Nationwide Hire established four steps to delivering success by:
- Making a service proposition with industry leading levels of delivery. Focusing on such areas as same day & next day delivery response, reporting on any breakdowns & problem resolution times, committing to on time deliveries greater than 95%.
- Proposing true national rates that covered Limerick, Inverness and Jersey and all points in between.
- Ensuring that best practice, compliance and legislation were high on the agenda.
- Proposing improved operational processes to allow good decision making and enhance communication.
We worked with JDGE to:
- Understand their frustrations at depot and site level.
- Find & innovate practical solutions to industry issues.
- Recommend practical actions to mitigate the risks and resolve the issues.
- Propose improved operational processes to allow good decision making and enhance communication.
What We Did For JD Engineering
- Aligned ourselves with JDGE’s agenda, providing knowledge and expertise to their internal teams.
- Provided quality data to ensure transparency via agreed KPIs, SLAs and regular performance meetings.
- Uncovered hidden costs that impacted on proﬁtability.
- Took responsibility for ensuring reliability.
- Actively managed a supply chain of over 5 million products and 9000 delivery locations.
We worked successfully to reduce JDGE’s exposure to “off-contract spend”, consolidating pricing, ensuring best value, and reducing overheads.
What The Client Said
In our most recent Net Promoter Score from JDGE, we were given the highest score possible – a 10.
“Nationwide get what we want when we want it. Doesn’t matter what we ask for.”
Jordan Eddom – JDGE, Project Controller