Commercial Drone Hire
Commercial drone hire can be very cost-effective and give you results, fast. Using a qualified operator, drones can fly close to buildings, in an emergency, where access may not be safe, appropriate or cost-effective. You can hire on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Drones must only be used by CAA qualified operators and are subject to specific safety rules, underpinned by UK law. Regulations are contained within Air Navigation Order 2016 (ANO 2016) and if a drone is being flown for commercial operations;
- Operators must have a licence even for one-off use and CAA permission.
- Permission must be renewed 30 days before the expiry date.
- Drone insurance is required that complies with EC Regulation 785/2004.
- All relevant permissions must be obtained in advance so that any city or town areas, sites, and venues are aware of any planned drone activity.
- Commercial drones must be flown at least 150 metres from congested areas, 50 metres away from people and cars and must not fly above 400ft.
What are Commercial Drones used for?
Commercial drones can be used for both routine and emergency work; inspecting wind turbines, checking pipelines, assessing the condition of many types of buildings, inspecting roofs, quickly assessing hard to reach or unsafe structures or for surveying land, crops and livestock.
Commercial drones can capture high-resolution photography or video footage that can be used for mandatory reporting, providing evidence or highlighting specific areas needing attention, useful for insurance claims or confirming compliance with building regulations.
Looking to hire a drone for commercial purposes in the UK? Call our team at Nationwide Hire today who can advise you and help you decide what you need.